exPress-o Film Club: Bridget Jones's Diary

Tuesday, October 9, 2012


Have you ever seen Bridge Jones's Diary? What did you think? The original version is my all time favourite cozy-evening-in movie. I also read both books and they are still on my bedside table as sometimes I just look through them for those witty one liners when I feel a bit low. Well let’s be honest, what can you not love about a 32-year-old sex-goddess with a shaky willpower, on a mission to self-improvement, loosing 20 pounds, cutting down on alcohol, cigarettes and sweets, and of course finding Mr. Right? Oh, let’s not forget about the queen of all undergarments: the granny knickers that will make you look the part even if you're not quite on schedule with your diet :)

Btw: I just read this morning that the 3rd part of Bridget’s life dilemmas is in development and has a working title of Bridget Jones's Baby. Sounds good, doesn’t it? I can not wait, you?

Bits and bobs:
The edge of reason: the second part.
- An interview with the cast.
- The two British foxes: Hugh Grant and Colin Firth. If you had to choose between the two, which one would you fancy more? (They both have the most adorable British accent).
- Hugh also played in the awesome Love Actually. Have you seen it?
- Colin was incredible in The King's Speech.
- He won an Oscar for it and delivered his speech oh-so well, like a true British witty man.
- Fancy knowing with whom Colin would like to be trapped on a desert island?
- Two of my favourite films with Hugh are Notting Hill from 1999 and About a Boy from 2002.
- I also loved him in Four Weddings and a Funeral. Have you seen that one?
- I simply adored Hugh on Ellen and this intreview with him on Letterman is so funny.
- Renée Zellweger rocks and she was awesome in Chicago!
- Do you remember her in Jerry Maguire?

P.S: Also, 8 tips guys should take away from Friends and a few other of my favoruite movies.

(Photos via IMDb)

17 comments:

Ethaney said...

one of my favorites!! i really love the book as well.

Christianna said...

I've only seen it a few times. I still an not sure what I think about it...LOL

Diana Mieczan said...

Ethaney, that is awesome!

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Christianna.

Sara said...

Those cats are so fat and hilarious looking. Love the movie. Loved the books. Seeing them again is a good idea.

Monica | Hola!design said...

that movie is hysterical! I have a huge crush on Hugh Grant!

Patricia Villamil said...

I love Bridget Jones, read the books then saw the movies and they are as awesome was the books. the cast was incredible. Loved the bits and bobs, Im with you in all of them! I loved About a Boy, it's one of my go to movies! Great post!

Laura Bear said...

I Loooovvveee this movie. It is my go-to feel good movie :)

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

such a classic! i never read the book but i'm sure i'd enjoy it. :)

Rachel @ Existation said...

Absolutely one of my FAVORITE movies - both the first and second. They're my go-to flicks when I just can't handle anything any more, or need to zone out and be happy. Love love love.

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Love that movie!

Diana Mieczan said...

Isn't he foxy? I adore him too, Monica:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..thanks, Patricia:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Rachel, your comment is awesome!

HiLLjO said...

OMG I have no knowledge of the book nor the movie but the cats in the first picture... are those even REAL?! OMG AWESOME.

Diana Mieczan said...

HiLLjO, I am not sure but they are so cool:) Btw: you should totally check out the movie. I think you would LOVE it!

Wendy said...

It's hard to resist anything with the adorable Renee Zellweger!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk