Home Inspiration: Radiator Shelf (+plants)

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Lately I’ve been thinking about creating a cool little green-spot near our living room windows for autumn and winter. I don’t know what it is, but as soon as the cooler season kicks in, I always crave greenery around. Is it just me? So last week I spotted this awesome radiator solution that I can not wait to try. I even asked my friend Paul the florist for tips on what kind of flowers/plants like radiator warmth.
 
Here are his 5 top radiator friendly plants:
- Orchids
- Jade
- Ferns
- Calendula
- Mother’s Tongue

Lovelies, do you have a radiator shelf in your home? What do you keep on top of it? xo

P.S: Remember colourful radiators?
P.P.S: And this Parisian green wall still makes me swoon!

(Photos via 79ideas, Poppytalk, The Glitter Guide, sfgirlbybay)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Genius diana. My ugly radiators drive me nut lately and this is such a pretty solution. Ola

ps: I am with you on craving all things green during winter.

Lucy said...

Ooh how lovely of you to find out!
I love these shelves when they're a gorgeous slab of oak or marble! I don't have shelves over them but I do have books stacked on mine - maybe I should be careful of heat damage - eek!
xx

Stephanie said...

So cool! We just have baseboard radiators in our house, so there isn't much we can do to beautify them. ;-)

Cara said...

great idea!

HiLLjO said...

Super pretty! We don't have radiators but we have these ledges where our windows are "cut into" the house and there's quite a lovely and generous "shelf" for a cat-butt or our cactus forest.

Love the vase with the skull!

Diana Mieczan said...

Ola, I know the feeling. I keep on re-painting them over and over again:)

Diana Mieczan said...

I love the idea of keeping books on radiators, Lucy.

Diana Mieczan said...

Stephanie, my friend has those too and she is thinking about covering them and creating a little sitting nook around them.

Diana Mieczan said...

Awww..that sounds lovely, HiLLjO:)

Patricia Villamil said...

Oh i loved this post. what a great idea and so stylish too. Great to know which plants thrive on top too!

Lena P Cox said...

Don't have one...
these are adorably cozz'
True about greenery...a must to keep the air fresh and the mood cheery.

Tiffanypsxt said...

Digital Voice Recorder Olympus - VN-6200 PC. Carrying Case with Detachable strap. Digital Voice Systems, Inc offers the full line of professional Olympus digital voice recorders. When it comes to best digital voice recorder, you can read a lot of points. RNIB PenFriend audio labeller.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk