Do you like Seinfeld? It’s one of my all time favourite sitcoms that I re-watch over and over again and even catch myself (at times) quoting some of their lines - *blushing*. Eventhough the show was filmed in the 90s, their daily dilemmas are totally current and their take on relationships, life and everyday miseries is irresistibly hilarious. So today I’d like to share 10 life lessons I learned from this fun bunch of New Yorkers:)
Here we go:
1. The importance on making reservations and holding them.
2. Elaine's dancing - enough said.
3. When calling someone you can cover up your nervousness by eating an apple. Because if they hear you chewing on the other end of the phone, it makes you sound casual.
4. It's never a lie if you believe it.
5. How to pretend that you are busy by looking utterly annoyed all the time.
6. To never wear sweatpants on a regular basis as it sends the "I give up. I can not compete in normal society. I'm misberable, so I might as well be comfortable" message.
7. If life doesn't go to plan just simply start doing the opposite - it worked for George.
8. When renting a flat, always ask 'what's the rent?' before showing interest and that everything can be resolved with a simple flip of coin or a play of odds and evens.
9. That pretzels always make us thirsty. ALWAYS!
10. And borrowing money from a friend is like having sex. It just completely changes the relationship.
My darlings, what do you think: agree or disagree? Any you’d like to add to the list? What’s your all time favourite telly sitcom? xo
P.S: Also, 10 quintessential Seinfeld posters and 34 people you probably didn't know were on Seinfeld.
P.P.S: Plus, 10 feel good films of my 20s!
(Top photo via Seinfeld and the pretzels print by Seinfood)