exPress-o Film Club: 10 Life Lessons I Learned From Seinfeld

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Do you like Seinfeld? It’s one of my all time favourite sitcoms that I re-watch over and over again and even catch myself (at times) quoting some of their lines  - *blushing*. Eventhough the show was filmed in the 90s, their daily dilemmas are totally current and their take on relationships, life and everyday miseries is irresistibly hilarious. So today I’d like to share 10 life lessons I learned from this fun bunch of New Yorkers:)

Here we go:

1. The importance on making reservations and holding them.

2. Elaine's dancing - enough said.

3. When calling someone you can cover up your nervousness by eating an apple. Because if they hear you chewing on the other end of the phone, it makes you sound casual.
4. It's never a lie if you believe it.

5. How to pretend that you are busy by looking utterly annoyed all the time.
6. To never wear sweatpants on a regular basis as it sends the "I give up. I can not compete in normal society. I'm misberable, so I might as well be comfortable" message.

7. If life doesn't go to plan just simply start doing the opposite - it worked for George.
8. When renting a flat, always ask 'what's the rent?' before showing interest and that everything can be resolved with a simple flip of coin or a play of odds and evens.

9. That pretzels always make us thirsty. ALWAYS!

10. And borrowing money from a friend is like having sex. It just completely changes the relationship.

My darlings, what do you think: agree or disagree? Any you’d like to add to the list? What’s your all time favourite telly sitcom? xo

P.S: Also, 10 quintessential Seinfeld posters and 34 people you probably didn't know were on Seinfeld.
P.P.S: Plus, 10 feel good films of my 20s!

(Top photo via Seinfeld and the pretzels print by Seinfood)

18 comments:

Vintage Market Place said...

Its a classic for sure and for my family it is a way of communication. Everything always comes back to a seinfeld episode my brother just sent me a text last night with a costanza reference :)
Amy

Hannah said...

Definitely one of my favorite sitcoms. The line about the sweatpants made me laugh out loud. :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Ha, so true, Amy...everything always comes back to it:) George is such a character, isn't he? Haha...

HiLLjO said...

GAH! I love Seinfeld so much. We watch it almost every night.

I do what George learned on Facebook: "leave on a high note."

I have also seen just how hard it is to get fired, as well.

And #6 must have seeped into my subconcoius when I was young and watching these, for now I have an irrational aversion to sweatpants.

Patricia Villamil said...

I started watching Seinfeld about a decade ago, when the sitcom was already syndicated to other networks. At the beginning, I didn't understand the show, didn't like it. Then my brother bought the entire collection and told, this show is about nothing, exactly four friends who do nothing. Then I understood, and was hooked. By now I have seen all the episodes, and yes there's always a piece "wisdom" in all of them. Ha.

Dancing Branflake said...

Haha! My friends and I always joke that there's a Seinfield episode for every moment of your life. So hilarious!

Lena P Cox said...

Love it and never tired of it.
It's flat out true, funny, and entertains many age groups.
I adore, "I don't think you do"...You know how to take the reservation, but you don't know how to hold it"....that's the most important part!
Exactly...happens all the time, doesn't it?

Eliza Jane said...

Hilarious! I used to love this show! I should really watch it again. xx

LyddieGal said...

I love seinfeld. I've watched every episode a million times and i could watch them all again.

I love how there is always a seinfeld reference to go with your life, no matter what is happening.

Chic on the Cheap

Helene MB said...

I loooove Seinfeld!
Makes me laugh so hard every time I see ut ;)

Wish you a great day!
Love Helene

little t said...

I loved this post! Not even a Seinfeld fan but oh my GOD, that apple trick is genius!

Diana Mieczan said...

We watch it all the time as well, HiLLjO...It's so brilliant!

Diana Mieczan said...

Your brother is so right, Patricia...The show about nothing and the beauty of it:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Spot on, Tiffany and Lena, it totally does, indeed:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, little t! The apple trick is one of my all time favoruites:)

Annie said...

This is just plain awesome. #5 is my favorite. They are all great though. Seinfeld is THE BEST.

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally agree, Annie. Seinfeld rocks:)

Brittany said...

Broadband Fax Software This includes one of the stables of the modern workplace - the fax. but regardless of what you call it, online fax is the wave of the future. Aided by the Internet, we can now easily send out e-fax. The only reason behind it is the ease with which such a loan gets approved.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk