exPress-o Originals: Rucola & Avocado Pesto

Monday, July 30, 2012

Fancy a slice? Here is a new and super yummy take on our beloved avocado. (Yup, I’m nuts about them). The other day while shopping at the market I spotted the most beautiful bunch of rucola leaves and some super ripe avocados. So, feeling adventurous and inspired my Megan, I decided to put my own twist on the avocado goodness with a fun recipe of rucola and avocado pesto. I added a bit of freshly ground parmesan, some garlic, beautiful spices to the mix and ta-dah - pesto perfection!

While I was putting the finishing touches, Balazs toasted bread, topped it off with slices of juicy tomatoes and we had the most scrumptious lunch on the balcony! Btw: Super easy and incredibly healthy. Enjoy.

Here is the recipe if you fancy giving it a go:

Rucola & Avocado Pesto
(Adapted from Megan-Joy)

* 1 ripe avocado
* two big handfuls of fresh rucola
* 3 cloves garlic
* 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
* 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
* 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
* sea salt
* freshly grounded pepper
* red paprika powder
* water

Wash your rucola leaves and peel your avocado. Next place the pre-cut avocado, 2 handfuls of rucola in the blender with about 1/4 cup of filtered water. Start blending. Next add the garlic, the vinegar, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the Parmesan to the mix and blend again. Keep blending till you get beautifully thick, creamy consistence.

What's your favourite meal for a summer lunch? xo

P.S: Also, avocado fingers, baked avocado fries and this delicious avocado booster:)
P.P.S: Plus, a few more recipes I adore.

(Photos by exPress-o. Layout by Ana Degenaar - Blog Milk for exPress-o. Thank you Ana for your help with this series).

25 comments:

Monica | Hola!design said...

This looks delicious! My favorite meal for summer lunch is caprese salad!

Happy MOnday!

Ann On and On... said...

I'm a huge avocado fan too. This looks yummy!

Mal said...

This looks absolutely wonderful!

Mal @ The Chic Geek

Dancing Branflake said...

Avocado pesto? I've never heard of it but completely smitten with the idea. So fresh and creamy. Yum!

dotblogg said...

Diana, you're my favourite!:D I'm probably as nuts about them as you are;) this recipe makes me wanna run and buy fresh rucola and avocado!;))
hugs!
J

Young at Heart said...

that looks utterly delicious!!

Ana Degenaar said...

Just wanted to let you know I made this and it was AMAZING! xoxo

Diana Mieczan said...

I love caprese salad, Monica. This week I am planning to make my own mozzarella...eek. Hope it will work out:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Thank you for those sweet comments:) xoxo

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..J, you are so sweet!!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Yay, Ana! You rock, sweetie. (Made my day)

Inés said...

Rucola & Avocado Pesto, my, my...the title alone had me just about ready to lick the screen. Diana!

Big hugs!
Inés

SimplyClassyMe.blogspot.com

Vintage Market Place said...

Looks so fresh and tasty!
Now where is my personal chef to make foods like this for me? ;)

Btw your comment on my lips made me laugh. I dont wear lipstick, that is my natural lip color :)

Annie said...

You know I LOVE the sound of this one..:) Hope you had a fab weekend! We had a relaxing one.. took a cruise down the Potomac yesterday to see the monuments -so played tourist for an hour. hehe. Getting ready to go to France in a little over 2 weeks!! I still can't believe it. xoxo

Lady Grey said...

Diana, this looks soooo good! I can't wait to try it!
xo

Jess said...

This looks and sounds absolutely amazing! The perfect summer dip!

Shelby said...

This will surely be a new favorite... Great twist on a classic!

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Inés:)

Diana Mieczan said...

No way, Amy!!! Your lip colour is BEAUTIFUL! My lips are very pale.

Diana Mieczan said...

Awww..Annie, I am so excited for you. You'll have a blast in France:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Awww..I LOVE all your comments. Thank you:)

Wendy said...

Yummm! I'm looking forward to trying this!

HiLLjO said...

Yum, lady!!! Pesto + Avocado!?! WOAH MAMA!

little t said...

Yummy! I want to see more express-o originals!

Diana Mieczan said...

yay, little t:) There will be more, I promise! xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk