Ten Best Romantic Comedies

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Lovelies, with the Valentine's Day just around the corner, I thought today would be fun to share ten of my favourite romantic comedies, including ten quotes from those movies that rock my world. They are perfect for a cozy evening-in and just the thing you need to unwind after a busy day! So here they are:

Sleepless in Seattle
 - Annie Reed: Now that was when people KNEW how to be in love. They knew it! Time, distance... nothing could separate them because they knew. It was right. It was real. It was...

Bridget Jones - Bridget: This is an occasion for genuinely tiny knickers.

When Harry Met Sally - Harry: I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.

Pretty Woman - Vivian: In case I forget to tell you later, I had a really good time tonight.

Love Actually - PM: ...If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion... love actually is all around.

Notting Hill - Anna: After all... I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

The 40 Year-Old Virgin - Andy: Is it true that if you don't use it you lose it?

The Ugly Truth - Mike: That's crap. They say they want romance, they say they want true love, but all they want is a check list. Is he perfect? Is he handsome? Is he a doctor?...

Along Came Polly - Irving: It's not about what happened in the past, or what you think might happen in the future. It's about the ride...

Wedding Crashers - Jeremy: I'm not perfect. But who are we kidding? Neither are you. And you wanna know what? I dig it! And...You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Darlings, now it's your turn, what are your favourite romcoms? Do you fancy any of the above? What films would you add to the list? xo

P.S: Also, a few awesome movie posters!
P.P.S: All things movies.

(Photos via IMDb. Layout by me for exPress-o)

37 comments:

Heba said...

I'd like to add Midnight in Paris, isn't it a romantic comedy?

http://girlynote.blogspot.com

Alexa said...

Love Wedding Crashers and When Harry Met Sally! Great roundup!

Ana Degenaar said...

I adore Love Actually.

Anonymous said...

That is exactly what I needed this week. My husband & I are planning a low-key night at home for Valentine's. I am going to choose one of those movies to watch.
So you know, the ugly truth quote is my fave. Cheers, Grace

Paul & Paula ★ said...

love notting hill but nothing beats Dirty Dancing :)

Sara Szatmary said...

when harry met sally LITERALLY melts my heart. It reminds me SO much of Stephen and I's story that I tear up every time.

Mal said...

When Harry Met Sally and Love Actually are two of my very favorite movies ever. So fantastic

Mal @ The Chic Geek

Diana Mieczan said...

Heba, I LOVED Midnight in Paris and Alexa, glad you like it.

Diana Mieczan said...

Ana, Love Actually is one of those movies I could watch over and over again. Swoon!

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Grace. That quote makes me laugh each time I read it. Btw: I love low-key evenings:)

Christianna said...

I love me some "When Harry Met Sally", "Pretty Woman" and "Wedding Crashers". I need to see "The Ugly Truth" again. I don't really remember it. This is a great list though. And I totally dig the quotes.

World is My oyster said...

I love you and your blog, but a world in which My Big fat greek wedding isn't placing above the ugly truth or wedding crashers... well thats a world I can't imagine.

tiny dancer said...

Definitely add Just Friends and Crazy Stupid Love to that list :) they are my favs!

Tasia

Zondra Art said...

Love Actually is my choice!

Kisses.

Punctuation Mark said...

colin firth and hugh grant... they are the best... any movie they're in and in combination even better!!!

Hogger and Co. said...

I'm embarrassed to say I haven't seen When HMS. :( Is that bad or what?? Something to do this Vday, right?

Zabrinah said...

I think Bridget Jones's Diary is a GREAT one! May I add "A Walk To Remember"? I genuinely love that movie!

:)

Best wishes from one blogger to another,

~Zabrinah
[your everyday girl,
writing about guys]

amy b.s. said...

some of these just never get old.

Sara said...

I love Sleepless in Seattle!

Amber said...

Jones always makes me laugh even though Ive seen the film at least a hundred times.

M. said...

great collection, but "When Harry Met Sally" is my all time favorite!

Laura said...

In addition to Love Actually I can always watch A Lot Like Love when in need of some sweet romance!

Emily said...

Completely love sleepless in seattle and pretty woman!

Eliza Jane said...

I would add the old movie "The Goodbye Girl". It's vintage Richard Dryfus, and is hilariously funny. xx

Diana said...

Great list, you know I finally watched "Sleepless in Seattle" for the first time a few months ago...LOVED IT! I would like to add "50 First Dates", "Hitch", "10 Things I hate About You", and "Sweet Home Alabama" I could watch these movies over and over!

Josie said...

I love 'As Good As It Gets' and 'Something's Gotta Give'. It may be Jack Nicholson...

bron @ baby space said...

yes! when harry met sally -- a classic.
but also I love 'you've got mail', of course ;)

little t said...

I love almost all of these- didn't love the 40 year old virgin!

Diana Mieczan said...

Christianna, so happy that you like the quotes and World is My oyster, I love My Big fat greek wedding:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Smita, you totally should watch it. Its such an amazing film:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh yes, Amber...I am so with you on that! And Josie, I totally forgot about those two. I LOVE them so much.

Diana Mieczan said...

Darlings, I adore all your awesome suggestions:) LOVE and thank you.

Jessi Haish said...

awesome list! looks like i have some work to do!!

addy said...

I love your list! I actually just did one of my own recently!

http://www.longwindedandproud.com/2012/01/adrianas-top-10-romantic-movies.html

I think Love Actually is one of the best movies ever.

Kristina said...

Notting Hill is my FAV!! just LOVE this movie!

Diana Mieczan said...

Addy, I can't wait to check it out. Thanks for the link:)

Annie said...

great picks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk